Monday, May 4, 2015

You Paid How much?



So I’m starting a new segment of my blog about …. Fashion! I know, me, writing blogs about Fashion. But this is all about cheap fashion, so that might make more sense to those who know me. I love a bargain and a sale. I am my mother’s daughter that way. And I love to save money.

We’ve all seen those magazine pages where a famous person’s attire is broken down by price, or they compare the expensive to the cheap. When I look at those, the first thing I think of is “how can you spend several hundred dollars on a shirt?” and then the cheap section shows it for under a hundred. In my mind – not better. Show me something for under 10, and I’ll consider it. Let me fill a garbage bag full of clothes for 15, and I’m good. Because that’s what we’re talking about here – really and truly cheap clothes that look great.

My first segment is dedicated to Dresses. Here are some of my favourite dresses that I got for favourite prices :) 






$3.50 Salvation Army. This brown t-shirt waist dress is one of my favourite Sally Ann finds. It has a wrap around belt and fits my body type perfectly. I also get compliments when I wear it. 





50 cents, St. Margaret's Bay Thrift Store. This is my favourite place to shop. They have lots of clothes, all the money goes directly to the food bank to support local people in need, and the clothes are nice and very affordable. Plus they have everything you could ever need besides clothes! Expect many more clothes from this store, all under a dollar.




$3.50 Salvation Army. Another great Sally Ann find. This is cute, light, and I can't wait to wear it this summer.



 $15 Crimson Clover Boutique. This is a really nice designer consignment shop in downtown Halifax. Every year after Christmas they have a 50% off sale, which is when I got this dress. I love it and get lots of compliments whenever I wear it.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment